• Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity
meets existing and future requirements.
• Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for
network resource administration and appropriate use.
• Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory,
life cycle management and related documentation.
• Establish service level agreements with end users.
• Provides “ownership” of problem thru final resolution.
• Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software
across the organization’s network.
• Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and
standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
• Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for IT
projects and associated efforts.
• Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid
management in making implementation decisions.
• Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
• Assess, approve, and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
• Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and
their associated operating systems and software. Responsible for on-site and off-site data
• Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including
routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on.
• Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions,
and intrusion detection systems.
Knowledge & Experience
• Experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs,
• Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level
• Successful leadership experience of an infrastructure team.
• Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group
Policies, MS Exchange, Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization, Business
Continuity, Disaster Recovery.
• Conversant with programming languages such as .Net, PHP.
• Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations (including data
privacy practices and laws) to company operations.
• Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, bridges, switches,
hubs, modems, network interface cards, and so on.
• Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and
• Experience installing network cabling and telephony systems.